Saturday 25 July 2015

BLOGLOVIN'

My cousin sent me the way of Bloglovin' today. I'd heard of it before but hadn't really looked into it. Well, today I decided to pull my finger out and get productive, if I want to get serious about blogging. So I signed up, added widgets to my blog and the app to my phone and followed blogs. Done, now what???

Humm, then I realised how long it had been since I wrote a post. Lately I just haven't had any inspiration to write. I've read lots but cannot think of a thing to write about book reviews, geek stuff or just in general.

It doesn't help that a friend of mine has shown me some beautiful writing they have been doing on the sly, I feel so intimidated by how talented they are and I am not! At the same time, I'm so honoured that they have shared this with me. I'm hoping they can inspire me to write!

I accompanied someone to a folk sing-a-round the other night. A group of people sat in a room taking it in turns to sing, play instruments or read poems. I wanted to join in and read some of my poems but that I'm just not confident enough in them yet, but I'm working on it!

I have an option to take a creative writing module in January, at Uni, but once again I'm feeling too intimidated. This module counts towards my final marks, and I just don't think I'm good enough to keep up among my standard 60-65% grades if it's reliant on my writing ability.

What I need to do is give myself a mental slap! Reading this blog post back, I'm obviously just having a pity party!

I'll get back to you when I've sorted myself out!! Hopefully tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment