Sunday 29 September 2013

Been gone a while!

I've been gone since May due to a big trip overseas (mainly to see my sister's new baby, who graciously waited until the day after I arrived in the UK to go into to labour-excellent timing Tree-Frog!) and moving house but I'm back now and can't wait to get back into blogging again!

I logged back onto Glipho for the first time in 5 months to discover that back in May, the lovely rubyeclipse had included me in her nominations for the 'The Lovely Blog Award'. I'm not sure if I'm too late to return the favour or if this is a continuous thing, just in case I will post separately on that on Glipho.

I am full speed ahead with reading, and I have discovered some of the great books released over the last year are available at my library-that'll save me some dosh now we have a house to decorate!

I've read 2 books since Thursday, one of which I have just posted a review about prior to this post.

I'm just about to start reading Burnt Ice by Steve Wheeler, which is a science fiction novel, the first one in a trilogy called A Fury of Aces. This is the blurb from Goodreads 

"A superb space adventure from a fresh new voice.
In our future worlds the Administration rules the Sphere of Humankind, the Games Board sanctions and funds wars and conflicts, and the Haulers' Collective roams the space routes like the caravanners of old.
Marko and his crew of fellow soldier-engineers are sent to investigate an unknown planet. When they encounter strange artefacts and an intelligent but aggressive squid species, they are forced to embark on a perilous journey far from the Sphere.
They will have to survive not only other alien encounters but also their own Administration's deadly manipulations.
Political factions and galactic media moguls vie for power ... and money."

Sounds good right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment