Thursday 11 April 2013

Book Review Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

Sorry, I've been too busy to blog in the last few weeks but I'm back now!!

Cloud Atlas was not at all what I expected.
I started the book thinking it was going to be this fantastic journey full of mystery and wonder.

The first half of the book, I was thoroughly enjoying, however as the book got further and further in, and less and less exciting things happened and I couldn’t discover any mysteries, I started to feel cheated.

There were 2 sci-fi/fy chapters (stories) and that was it, though those were very entertaining to read, again, here was where I expected something to happen and it didn’t.

It’s basically a book of short stories with some very minor connections between them all.

I can fully admit that each story was wonderfully written and I loved the different voices and styles to each story which definitely made me complete the book and made sure it wasn’t a complete waste of my time. The author also had some wonderful insights on humanity, the journey we are on and potential we have to completely fuck up this world and ourselves!!

Still, I wouldn’t recommend it and now have no interest in seeing the movie.

I’m sure others will argue with my review, fair play, as they say, ‘no two people ever read the same book.’

No comments:

Post a Comment