Wednesday 27 February 2013

Classics

I want to love the classics.
Don't get me wrong, Jane Eyre and Much Ado About Nothing are two of my favourite books but I really, really struggle with the writing!
I'm still going to buy them, cos I feel like I should read them, though the odds of me really understanding them is pretty much zilch!
I tried War and Peace and managed half of it before giving up out of sheer boredom! Emma (Jane Austen) just annoyed me and Wuthering Heights scared the crap out of me (I can't listen to Kate Bush anymore)!
My next classics on the list are Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad and Parade's End by Ford Maddox Ford. I'm buying both because I have a read a few biographies and books on Henry James and Violet Hunt and so have heard a lot about these two books. It's probably going to take me a while to read them but dammit, I'm going to keep persevering !

No comments:

Post a Comment